Monday, October 1, 2012

Vocabulary Midterm Study Strategies.

My initial strategy is to just write out the list (learning from writing) then just look over them over and over until I get them. I might write out more sentences because reading teacher of mine told me the best way to study vocab for the SATs was to try and make sentences off the fly because that shows complete understanding of the words.

I might even study with some friends because that would be more fun than just self studies.

6 comments:

  1. I learn the same way! When taking a test I can recall physically writing and reading the term and its meaning. I hadn't thought about the sentences idea though, good idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool that writing it down works for you. I couldn't do that. If that works then go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a suggestion if you're going to use sentences:
    Often it helps to make the most ridiculous sentences you can think of (while still pertaining to the definition, of course). It will be much more memorable than just any sentence that immediately springs to mind. If you can't think of anything ludicrous to write about, using strong imagery can serve the same purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah sorta like really strong mnemonics. That probably the better way to go

      Delete
  4. *pays no attention to content of this post* I like that your blog has color but isn't overpowering or distracting because of it. Do you think mine is? However, to be frank, I have never liked websites with music. *braces for retaliation*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Matt, in all fairness my blog has lyricless music. but the background and the music go together. I like your blog, the words are really random bright colors so it draws attention to your titles. the background is a little distracting only because a really urban cityscape so the complexity of the buildings distract a little

      Delete