Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Who Was Shakespeare?

Firefox.
Searched "Who was Shakespeare?".
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/merchant/shakespeare.html

A lot of information about Shakespeare is a giant mystery to people. His name is extremely popular and well-known for the great playwright that he was, but this like his birthday or even a real image of what he looked like is guessed.

Most students, like I, know Shakespeare as a legendary writer of plays in the 16th century. His work is a big controversy between many scholars that either hate him or love him. My perception of Shakespeare has not changed since I first read some of his works because at the age that I was, I could understand him a lot better than a child still in their primary schooling years. As I read Hamlet, I noticed that Shakespeare makes a lot of references to things and uses a lot of crude and hidden humor that only people that understand the words would comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment