Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pre-Will

1. I don't know anything besides the six words that are extremely famous. "To be or not to be". As for the "Melancholy Dane" I have no idea. Judging by the title, I can tell that it has something to do with sadness and citizens.

2. I do know about Shakespeare. He is considered a great playwright, and to me that reputation holds true. In the past, I have only read Romeo & Juliet and Julius Caesar but non of his others. From experience, Shakespeare uses iambic pentameter and he always has a tragedy in his poems.

3. I feel like students don't respect literature enough to like Shakespeare yet. In order to like Shakespeare, you have to like literature, so that seems like the main reason. Shakespeare is also pretty difficult to understand because of the style of writing, and if the audience can't understand the poem whats not to hate?

4.I could always write a song on Hamlet *hint* *hint*. I believe if the class really interacted with the poem and we did fun projects and group work, understanding Hamlet would come a lot easier, and we would not neglect it as much as we would.

No comments:

Post a Comment