Sunday, September 2, 2012

As I Lay Dying

I've always wanted to read some Faulkner, but whenever my mind got around to opening that book, my mind got preoccupied with school or something else, or English class got the best of me and made me read a school book. I think it was around the time when we were reading Huck Finn in Nylander's class and I had to close the book in order to focus on Huck Finn. It has always been a book that I wanted to read because Faulkner was a well known author.

I always took interest in his writing as well. The way he takes a bunch of people's perspectives and puts them together in order to establish the plot. Faulkner was also reputed as one of the hardest authors to read in the 1920s, so I simply said, "Challenge Accepted" and bought Faulkner's As I Lay Dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment