Thursday, April 11, 2013

Macbeth Act I Active Notes

 Scene V- End of Act I
It seems to me that Lady Macbeth is some sort of super whore. It was hard to pick out specifics but I get the feeling that her character is really shallow in the sexual spectrum.

"we but teach
Bloody instructions" - interesting because Shakespeare is revealing the dark nature of Macbeth

"False face must hide what the false heart doth know." - not sure what this means but its sounds important.

It seems like Lady Macbeth and Macbeth are discussing the prophecy that the witches told. But I caught a glimpse of murder and sex somewhere in there.

Main point. I need help understanding this. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't see Lady Macbeth as a sexualized character. I feel her ambition and aggression would be seen as mannish qualities in that time period. Perhaps she could be perceived as that way when persuading Macbeth to kill Duncan. Could you comment to my notes as well please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you included quotes! Way to keep your notes organized Ubi. Comment on my notes please:)

    ReplyDelete