Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Brave New World : 7

I always thought of soma as a drug that just made you feel happy, but now I'm starting to get the feeling that soma is some sort of hallucinagen to make you see happy things in place of unhappy things. For eample, Lenina saw ropes instead of snakes at first.

I can see the signifcance, plot-wise, of the director telling Bernard an ancedote. From what I just read, Linda was the girl l that the director couldn't find, and she got picked up by the reservation and she got placed in that society. Linda was saying how difficult it was for her to adjust. I'm getting the vibe of foreshadowing from Linda because I don't know if i should call it coincidence that Linda and Lenina have small similarities both in their name and personas.


No comments:

Post a Comment