Monday, February 25, 2013

WRITINGAS5PECTATORSPORT

Some of the videos haven't all been uploaded but the source of all the essays I read are located on Christa Weston's Blog.

Ashley- She didn't do a pre-write so that is going to be a problem during the AP test. From past AP tests, pre-writes are really really helpful and I suggest that she get into the habit of doing them. I was told that spending 10 minutes on a good prewrite can save you 20 minutes on an essay.

Mackenzie- She did have a prewrite but I suggest that she go through the whole essay. She needs to write whatever she is going to put into her essay in the prewrite. When I read the prewrite, I should get an outline and not a summary.

Pablo- his prewrite is really like "BAM!". He just put thoughts down, and things that he knows. It's a start but not an effective prewrite. In effect to that, he rambles a little in the beginning before he gets started.

Iliana- although she didn't write the essay portion, I can tell that the essay will be well written because her prewrite was really well done. She took the whole ten minutes to write a good prewrite and that will help her a lot.

Preston- his prewrite makes me a bit lost. I wouldn't know where he is going without being him, but judging from all the scratching out of words and sentences, he was rushed and a little too unprepared.

Myself- I need to work on my prewrites and the fact that I ramble a lot in my writing. I need to get straight to the point without dragging along.

1 comment:

  1. Your evaluation of my effort is spot on-- I had a hard time choosing where I wanted to take the essay, I felt like I wanted more time to do a better job, and I came away both humbled and encouraged by the thought that you are already more practiced and prepared than I am to take the test. :)

    ReplyDelete