Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on Week 1

Following the guidelines listed, I shouldn't have any problems. By that I mean that I have access to a phone, the computer, and transportation all at my disposal. The only way any of those wouldn't be available is if my phone lines died, my computer broke, my internet service ceased, or my car broke beyond repair. As far as family goes, I don't ask them for anything school related unless it's my mom signing paperwork. All the help and hassle business is directed towards my friends because I find that most of my friends are at my mentality level, so its safe to ask or argue on a topic.

A really ideal learning experience comes from live interaction with what I'm learning. The closest to that I can think of is learning Music. It was actually very recent, maybe a couple weeks ago when I was learning all my music for Drumline. Since I am on a new drum this year I need to learn all the music all over again. I was at Drumline practice in the band room along with our coach Robert, a fellow Righetti and Drumline Alumni. The way I learn in an interactive atmosphere is very different from a traditional sit down in class and listen to a lecture (one of the reasons I'm not excited for college). When I learn music, I always have a passion for it regardless of what instrument or genre of music it is. The initial physical interactions draw me in. I just can't sit still. I have to move or else my mind shuts off.

As previously noted, I'm excited for the amount of technology that is involved in the class. I think is great because how many high school teachers make you blog or let you pull out your iPad during class to take notes. When I first made my blog and wrote that first assignment, I said I wasn't ready to be concerned or nervous about anything, but now that a week has gone by, I'm starting to fear for my life. The work load was a lot more than I expected and it's hitting me hard. For one thing, this course is going to make me study and force myself out of my lazy schooling ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment