Thursday, August 16, 2012

Essayus Interruptus


Allow me to start off by saying that the essay was not well written because of all the interruptions. I didn't really have a plan to go in and embarrass Preston for giving us such a measly prompt, and that is definitely not how it happened. Let me give you the pressure breakdown...
1. Montaigne
2. Time
3. I had forgotten my notes in my locker which was just another thing to stall/preoccupy my mind.

First of all, the prompt included Montaigne which put quite a lot of pressure on me considering that we, the class, had no clue what the hell Montaigne was blabbering about in this book. Second, time was short. I know it was relatively close to the time limit on an actual AP test, but during the test we don't get our stream of consciousness messed with by librarians. Lastly, my notes. Oh my notes... I can't believe I had forgotten them. Once Preston mentioned that they were due along with our test, I had to worry about that, and that didn't help me think.

After I left, no much happened. The idea of the essay slipped through my mind, and of course I was rushed with the question "WHAT WAS THE ESSAY PROMPT?!?!" I guess it was my mind telling me that I should be glad that I get this chance to write what I wanted to on my essay but didn't.

In my essay, I mentioned the references both authors made to older times, like Montaigne to Plato and Aristole, and Austen to the 1700s. I compared how both authors have a completely different style. Austen is dependent on plot and structure while Montaigne really didn't depend on anything. I just wish I could have written more examples to back up my statements because the rush made me want to finish with a brief but completed essay instead of a detailed incomplete one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment